Sodium Tert-butoxide Market: Introduction
- Sodium tert-butoxide is white or light tan crystalline powder. It has a strong, non-nucleophilic base. Sodium tert-butoxide is highly soluble in tetrahydrofuran, while it is fairly soluble in methanol, ethers, toluene, hexane, and xylene. It is air sensitive, hygroscopic, and incompatible with acids, reducing agents, oxygen, water, alcohols, chlorinated solvents, and halogens. It has an alkoxide base with strong basic characteristics.
- Sodium tert-butoxide decomposes when exposed to humid conditions. Hence, it needs to be stored in tightly closed containers under exclusion of humidity at gentle temperatures.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sodium Tert-butoxide Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Sodium Tert-butoxide Market
- Expansion in the health care sector and rise in health care budget in developing countries such as India are expected to boost the demand for pharmacological drugs derived from alkoxide salts such as sodium tert-butoxide. Rise in penetration of health care in villages and remote parts of India is anticipated to drive the pharmaceutical drugs market, thereby boosting the sodium tert-butoxide market.
- Increase in demand for fertilizers derived from alkoxide salts such as sodium tert-butoxide and potassium tert-butoxide is estimated to propel the global sales of sodium tert-butoxide during the forecast period
- About 90% of the chemical reactions in the chemical industry use catalysts for synthesis of products. Expansion of the global chemical industry is likely to propel the demand for sodium tert-butoxide during the forecast period.
Catalyst Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities for Global Sodium Tert-butoxide Market
- Based on application, the global sodium tert-butoxide market can be segmented into agrochemicals, pharmaceutical drugs, catalysts, laboratory reagents, organic syntheses, base catalyzed reactions, and others. The product is commercially available in powder and solution forms.
- Sodium tert-butoxide is used as a safe and efficient alternative to sodium hydride for the coupling of hydroxyethyl adenine with diethyl p-toluenesulfonyloxymethanephosphonate to form diethyl-PMEA, which is a key chemical intermediate to prepare drugs such as Adefovir Dipivoxil. It is also used to facilitate the coupling of aryl halides with benzene derivatives in the presence of phenanthroline derivatives.
- Sodium tert-butoxide is used as a versatile reagent in various chemical reactions including condensation, esterification, alkoxylation, etherification, Claisen condensation, Wolf-Kishner reduction, and Stobbe reaction. It is also employed in the manufacture of colorants, aroma chemicals, detergents, and biodiesel. Sodium tert-butoxide is used for deprotonation in reactions involving alkylation, condensation, elimination, isomerization, and rearrangement.
- Catalyst is anticipated to be the most rapidly expanding segment of the global sodium tert-butoxide market during the forecast period. Agrochemicals and pharmaceuticals segments account for significant share of the market and are anticipated to expand at moderate pace during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Sodium Tert-butoxide Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Lead Global Sodium Tert-butoxide Market
- Asia Pacific leads the global sodium tert-butoxide market in terms of consumption. The region is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The sodium tert-butoxide market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the growth in the chemical industry in the region. Industrialized countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea in Asia Pacific cumulatively generate considerable demand for sodium tert-butoxide owing to the presence of large number of end-use industries such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and agrochemicals. China dominates the sodium tert-butoxide market in terms of volume in Asia Pacific.
- North America is another prominent consumer of sodium tert-butoxide. Agrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, and catalyst segments are the key demand centers for sodium tert-butoxide in North America. The chemicals industry in North America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Consequently, the demand for sodium ter-butoxide is expected to rise during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Most of the growth in Latin America is expected to be concentrated in Brazil and Mexico. Demand for sodium tert-butoxide is likely to be driven by the use of sodium tert-butoxide in agrochemicals.
- Demand for sodium tert-butoxide is likely to rise in the catalysts segment in Middle East & Africa due to the presence of the vast petrochemicals industry and extensive use of catalysts in organic synthesis in the region.
Request for TOC :
Key Players in Sodium Tert-butoxide Market:
Large numbers of players operate in the global sodium tert-butoxide market. Key players in the sodium tert-butoxide market include:
- Evonik Industries AG
- Mahidhara Chemicals Private Limited
- Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals
- Suparna Chemicals Ltd.
- Albemarle Corporation
- Chemit Laboratories
- Jinxiang Chemical Factory
- Hongze Xinxing Chem Co. ., Ltd.
- Powder Pack Chem
- Oakwood Products, Inc.
- Tokyo Chemical Industry UK Ltd